WeatherLink RS232 Interface
for PC's and Macintosh
for use with Davis Instruments' Perception II, Weather
Wizard III or Weather Monitor II
Vantage Pro and Vantage Pro2 weather stations, click here
WeatherLink RS232 Interface and Datalogger includes 9 pin and 25
pin RS232 connectors
WeatherLink includes basic desktop display (shown above) and
integrated FTP and HTML features.
For other Web enabled and Database enabled software see WeatherView32
PRO or Virtual Weather Station
here to download our FREE
WeatherLink software demo for Windows 95/98/NT4/2000 based PC's.
An MS-DOS/Windows 3.1 version demo is available Here
For the weather monitoring on your PC and Mac, link any
Perception, Weather Wizard, or Weather Monitor to an IBM® compatible PC or
Macintosh® using our optional WeatherLink. Create graphs, calculate average weather
conditions, generate summaries, analyze trends, and more. The WeatherLink stores data until
it is transferred to your PC. Data may be exported to third-party spreadsheet or database
software such as DBASE or Excel.
The WeatherLink data logger stores data until it is transferred to
your computer. Create graphs, calculate totals and averages, generate summaries, analyze
trends, and more. Data may be exported to most popular database, spreadsheet, and
word-processing packages. Store data every 1, 5, 10, 15, 30, 60, or 120 minutes; the data
logger will store 1, 5, 10, 15, 30, 60, or 120 days' worth of data, depending upon the
WeatherLink includes two parts; the computer interface hardware
module, and the logging and display software.
You can also connect the WeatherLink to a telephone modem, or a
short haul wired modem allowing you to separate the weather station many miles away. This is
useful for monitoring/logging weather at remote sites or climate controls of other
buildings. The output is in standard RS-232C interface, with both a 9 pin and 25 pin DB
style connector included to allow easy interfacing to a wide variety of communications
User-friendly software features include:
- Works with the following Davis weather stations: Perception II,
Weather Wizard III, and Weather Monitor II, all models, wired or
- Instant weather bulletin displays the weather on one screen.
- Choose any function, and graph on a daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly
- Graph two days, weeks, months, or years on the same screen.
- Display two different functions on the same graph.
- See, for example, how temperature is related to barometric pressure.
- Log data and retrieve it for any day of the year
- Alerting features for certain weather conditions
Integrated FTP & HTML features:
- Create custom weather web pages.
- Upload to Weather Underground, APRS and GLOBE.
- Upload NOAA-style monthly and yearly weather summary reports.
- Upload other files such as webcam images along with your weather
Includes the following:
- WeatherLink data logger
- 8' (2.4m) cable to connect to your computer
- Software on CD-ROM
- 9-pin serial adapter
- Instruction booklet
- 40' (12m) Extension Cable (#7876-040)
- Telephone Modem Adapter (#7870)
- Link Isolator Kit (#7764)
- Requires Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista
- At least 5 MB free hard disk space
- One free serial port
Get the optional Email/Phone Alert Module to be automatically notified of
detailed weather information by phone or email.